With the warm weather finally here, you might be ready for some fun in the park with family and friends. Picnic is one of my favourite spring activities as I not only get to hang out with my friends and bask in those much needed sun rays but also get to pig out on my favourite food. To help you pack your picnic basket, I’ve gathered up my three best picnic recipes.
Anyone on a health kick will love my picnic recipes, for they create delicious, flavoursome, yet nutritious, indulgence.
Baked Cauliflower Bites
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (chopped to fine breadcrumbs)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp oregano (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C.
- Place raw cauliflower in a food processor and plus for a few seconds until the cauliflower resembles rice.
- Place cauliflower in a large bowl, add egg, cheddar cheese, mustard, herbs, cayenne pepper and season with salt & pepper. Mix until fully combined. Scoop the mixture into each nonstick silicone cake mold (this recipe makes around 9 pieces depending on the size of your cake molds).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are golden and the middle is no longer soft. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes before removing from the silicone molds.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce. I usually eat it with guacamole. For a guacamole recipe click here.
Avocado and Lime Bites
- 5 Tbs. fresh lime juice (from about 4 small limes)
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp. grass-fed gelatin
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime zest
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil, melted
- 1 large avocado
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine the lime juice, coconut milk and gelatin in a small saucepan. Let soften for 5 minutes. Then, over medium heat, warm the mixture and stir to dissolve the gelatin.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the lime juice mixture and remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Chill until firm, at least 5 hours. When you brining these delicious treats to the picnic they might soften into a more custard-like texture.
The Ultimate Coconut Flour Banana Bread
- 4 bananas, (mashed)
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams almond butter
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a glass baking dish (8x8).
- Combine your bananas, eggs, nut butter, and grass-fed butter in a bowl and mix well.
- Once all of your ingredients are blended, add in coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and sea salt and mix well.
- Pour the batter into your baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and flip your bread out onto a cooling rack.
Now, pack up these scrumptious picnic treats and head outdoors for your delightful picnic. Don’t forget to bring games to your picnic. Frisbee, badminton, card games, board games are great picks.
Wishing you tones of love and sun,
Your Primal Health Coach
If you found this article useful I'd appreciate it if you could help me get the word out. Just share it on Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, WeChat moments, or even by email with anyone you think might benefit from reading it or working with me. I'll see that you get bonus karma points for taking the few seconds to do so. Thank you x