Welcome to my little corner dedicated to my favourite recipes. On this page, you will find scrumptious gluten, grain, sugar and vegetable oil FREE recipes that are super simple to make. The healing journey begins in the kitchen with real ingredients to fuel your body and restore your optimal health. If you want to reconnect to the wisdom and strength of your body and mind, learn how to make these simple, quick, and delicious recipes.
I hope you enjoy what you see here.
Eating eggs and avocados for breakfast is a great way to get some good fats into your system and set your day on the right path. Team your eggs with vibrant greens such as kale, okra, rocket or asparagus and add some fermented vegetables to get beneficial bacteria and help digest your food. If you have some leftover meat, such as pulled pork, roast chicken, or bacon, add it in for a bit of protein.
To boil the eggs, put the eggs into a saucepan of boiling water, then reduce the heat to medium-low so the water is just simmering. Cook the eggs for 5 minutes and then use a spoon to remove the eggs and cool them down in cold water. You will end up with ideal soft-boiled eggs which have a fully cooked white and a runny centre.
To stir-fry the greens, heat a touch of butter or fat in the pan, add garlic and cook until fragrant for about 30 seconds. Stir in your greens and cook for about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and paper.
Add avocado to your breakfast by slicing it or making guacamole. To make guacamole, place the scooped avocado pulp into a large bowl and mash it either with a fork or a potato masher. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add juice of half a lime, 1 red chilli chopped, 1 tablespoon of finely chopped red onion or garlic, 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander, and 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil. Mix it well and serve straight away.
To complete your healthy meal add either homemade fermented vegetables or 2 tablespoons of real sauerkraut or kimchi (not the stuff on the supermarket shelf that isn't refrigerated!). This is a fabulous way of increasing your good bacteria.
Bulletproof coffee with a twist
Upgrade your morning with this coffee....
Fat is our body and brain's super fuel so instead of a regular cup of coffee have a bullet proof coffee for better cognitive function and more reliable energy throughout the day.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and turmeric to give your coffee super, anti-inflammatory powers
- Add 1 teaspoon of collagen powder for anti-aging benefits
- Brew the coffee with cinnamon and turmeric
- Add 1 tablespoon unsalted, grass-fed butter or ghee, as well as 1 tablespoons of MCT oil or Brain Octane
- Blend all ingredients and enjoy immediately.
Learn more about coffee by reading this post.
Lunch & Dinner
Slow cooker pulled pork (sErves 4-6)
1000g pork shoulder (preferably from free-range pigs if possible)
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon coriander seeds, crushed
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 onion, sliced
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
6 red dry Chinese, Jujube dates
4 thyme springs
2 bay leaves
¾ cup water or homemade bone broth
- Mix together all of the dried spices and rub into all sides of the pork
- Place vinegar, bone broth, onion, garlic, dates and thyme in bottom of slow cooker
- Add pork
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or overnight
- Remove pork and shred (enjoy the fatty pieces as these are delicious!)
- Add juices from slow cooker and mash the dates to make a sweet sauce to go with your veggies and pork.
Roasted vegetables (Serves 4 -6)
1 pumpkin or squash, cut into wedges
200 g sweet potato, cut into wedges
3 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 C
- Place all the veggies in a large roasting tin (spread the veggies to form a single layer), drizzle over oil and sprinkle the spices
- Roast for 40 minutes, shaking the tin after 20 minutes
- Once ready, garnish with fresh coriander
Kale salad (serves 4-6)
You can use any greens you have, in fact, pretty much any veggies will work well.
300 g of kale or any other leafy greens
2 tablespoons of chopped chives
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tablespoons of pine nuts, toasted
pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper
2 tablespoons coconut oil or other good quality fat
- Hit the oil or fat in a large frying pan over medium heat
- Add garlic and cook for 20 seconds until softened and fragrant
- Toss in the kale and saute for 1 minute, then add 3 tablespoons of water or bone broth and continue to cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the chives and pine nuts and season with salt and pepper.
Iza's Paleo No-bake 3 Layered pudding (SERVES 4)
8 pitted prunes
50g unsweetened coconut flakes
3 tablespoon of grass-fed butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/2 teaspoon organic ground coffee
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor
- Blend for about 3 minutes
- Spread filling evenly into 4 small glass jars
1 can full-fat coconut milk
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 teaspoon grass-fed gelatin
- In a small saucepan, whisk together 1 cup of the coconut milk with the powdered gelatin
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes, to allow the gelatin to “bloom”
- Add in the vanilla, then gently heat the mixture over medium-low heat, whisking well to help the gelatin dissolve
- Once the gelatin has completely dissolved, remove from the heat and stir in the maple syrup and remaining coconut milk
- Pour the mixture into 4 small jars as a 2nd layer and place in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours
1 cup organic raspberries (you can use thawed frozen ones)
2 tablespoons coconut butter
maple syrup, to taste
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until creamy
- Top your jars with creamy raspberry sauce
Keep in touch, and happy cooking!
Want to learn to cook real food?
Learn to make quick and healthy meals that aren't boring. Book a private 3 hour cooking class with me. The class can be held at anytime of the day at my place (Middle Fuxing Road). The price for 1 class is 800RMB (max 2 people per class). You will make 3 dishes and 1 snack that suit your special dietary requirements . I will prepare all the ingredients and recipes for you.